Exploring the 38 Bach Flower Remedies
The Bach Flower Remedies were created by Dr. Edward Bach to help to bring balance and harmony to the different kinds of emotions, thoughts and feelings that we can all experience in our journey through life. The Bach Flower Remedies use the gentle power of nature to bring greater balance and inner harmony and each of the 38 Bach Remedies will help with a different thought, feeling or emotion. You can click on any of the remedies below to find out more about what that remedy works with and how it can help. You can also use our Bach Flower Remedy selector here to find a remedy for a particular state.
Meet the 38 Bach Flower Remedies
- Agrimony: Smiles hide inner worry.... more
- Aspen: Apprehension, unknown fears.... more
- Beech: Over critical, intolerant.... more
- Centaury: Weak willed, subservient.... more
- Cerato: Lack of faith in ones own judgment.... more
- Cherry Plum: Fear of losing control, suicidal.... more
- Chestnut Bud: Inability to learn ones lessons.... more
- Chicory: Possessive, controlling.... more
- Clematis: Dreamy, absent minded.... more
- Crab Apple: Cleansing & purity.... more
- Elm: Overwhelmed by responsibility.... more
- Gentian: Despondency, disappointment, lack of faith.. more
- Gorse: Hopelessness, despair.... more
- Heather: Over talkative.... more
- Holly: Anger, Jealousy, Suspicion.... more
- Honeysuckle: Living in the past, homesickness.... more
- Hornbeam: Mental tiredness, procrastination.... more
- Impatiens: Impatience, irritability.... more
- Larch: Lack of confidence.... more
- Mimulus: Known fears, nervousness.... more
- Mustard: Gloom, despair for no apparent reason.... more
- Oak: The strengthener.... more
- Olive: Tiredness, exhaustion.... more
- Pine: Feelings of guilt, unworthiness.... more
- Red Chestnut: Fear for others.... more
- Rock Rose: Extreme fear, nightmares.... more
- Rock Water: Self punishment, rigidity .... more
- Scleranthus: Indecision, inability to choose, balance.... more
- Star of Bethlehem: Shock, Trauma, Accidents.... more
- Sweet Chestnut: Extreme anguish, despair.... more
- Vervain: Over enthusiasm, perfectionism.... more
- Vine: Dominating, need for control over others .... more
- Walnut: Change, need for adaptability, protection.... more
- Water Violet: Proud, upright people, superiority .... more
- White Chestnut: Thoughts buzzing around in head.... more
- Wild Oat: Inability to see ones direction.... more
- Wild Rose: Apathy, lack of enthusiasm.... more
- Willow: Resentment, bitterness.... more
- Revival Remedy: Combination for Emergency Situations.... more
- Bach Flower Remedy Sets: Complete & self select sets.... more
The Seven Groups
After Dr Bach had discovered his final remedy in the range, he placed the 38 Bach Flower Remedies into seven main groups. The seven Bach groups can be a useful insight into choosing which Bach Remedies will help with particular issues and personality patterns. The groups are a reminder that the remedies are treating our emotions, thoughts & feelings, and that often people fall into certain personality groups. All of Dr. Bach's research pointed to the importance of treating the individual and not the condition that they are dealing with. You can find out more about the: Seven Groups here.
Dr Edward Bach
The Bach Flower Remedis were created by Dr Edward Bach in the 1930s and he is often known as the father of modern flower remedies. He was also a deep thinker, philosopher and spiritual writer and with a vision way-ahead of most of his contemporaries, he understood that the true cause of illness and disease in human beings lies in the personality - in the mental and emotional patterns through which we view ourselves and the world around us.
About Bach Flower Remedies
- Simple, natural and gentle acting, the Bach Flower Remedies provide a wonderful tool to help our inherent ability to restore balance & harmony within ourselves.
- Bach Flower Remedies can be used by anyone; including children, babies, animals and plants - safely and without fear of side effects, overdosing or addiction (*Nb Bach Remedies are traditionally preserved in brandy ).
- Bach Flower Remedies simply use the vibrational frequency or energy of a flower.
- You can use a single Bach Flower Remedy or mix them into combinations of up to 8.
- Bach Flower Remedies are simple and easy to choose and use.. dosage & use